Powered By Blogger

Friday, August 6, 2010

My Trip to Grenada

My trip to Grenada took me from Toronto Pearson Airport, after being dropped off after clearing customs I had some interesting conversations with a teacher while waiting to boarded on flight 611 with Caribbean Airlines to Trinidad.All part of the flight experience, along with taxing down the runway and waiting for instructions from the tower for the pilot to take off.
Sitting to my left were a couple from the strewn side of the island, who was returning for a wedding and also to see what type of damage was  done to their house since they were heavy rains in the deep south on the island of Trinidad.
Yes there were turbulence, but the pilot stayed clear from the worst part of the storm that was approaching,by avoiding that area. the flight seems to have quite a lot of children and the constant crying could be heard both front and back of the plane this is where a mp3 player come in handy to drown out the crying, the pilot announced that we were  going to land twenty minutes ahead of schedule,
Looking out the window at the setting sun was breath taking, as the sun and the clouds made a majestic array of light giving off the colourful effects of a rainbow.As the sunlight faded and the night sky got dark, the lights of the islands could be seen below us as we flew by, we passed over the island of Jamaica, and the outline of the island with many of the  lights was all aglow.
The plane touched down right on time at 10:30 pm we all clapped to show our appreciation for a wonderful trip, after clearing customs and retrieving my bag, i approached the exit one can immediately feel the heat left by the day sun rays.
I was picked up by my good friends and spent part of the night at his son's home in Arima talking, eating and drinking, left there at 3:00am got dropped off at the airport and waited for my next flight that would take me to the island of Grenada which was early, good in a sense, with a smooth touchdown, exiting the plane i was once again greeted with the previous day's heat, once inside the air condition airport building they were server's  with drinks asking passengers if they would like a drink in showing the hospitality side of the island.
I got my bus to home sat in the veranda and relaxed until my sister arrived from the beach, sat and had  a talk then i went to do some groceries for myself. Later folks hope it was a good read just letting you all know about my trip down.

1 comment:

  1. Adrian, we are following your travels. Rest, then send us some photographs of Grenada ~ The Island of Spice?!

    ReplyDelete